- Role with high degree of responsibility
- Cropping and Merino Stud business
- Wimmera VIC region
On behalf of our client who runs a 50/50 mixed farming enterprise on 3800 ha in the Wimmera, and we invite applications for the role of Cropping Operations Manager to join their business.
Reporting to the Owner, you will enjoy planning, relishing the opportunity to both manage and undertake all activities within the annual cropping programs. You will have significant agronomic input and be responsible for the cropping enterprise’s performance.
Working in a team environment, you will also assist with the Stud side of the business when required, so you will need to be adaptable. You will also be treated as an integral part of the family business and given opportunities for further career development.
To be considered for this pivotal role, you will need to have:
- A Minimum 4 years’ experience in a similar role or a work history that demonstrates that this is the next logical step in your career
- An ability to accurately record and manage data
- A good understanding of agronomic principles for pastures/dry land crops and the link to livestock performance
- The ability to communicate clearly with a range of people regarding your input into operational decisions, and activities
- Experience in people management and ability to delegate when required
- A current Chemcert Certificate or will be willing to attain one
- Excellent experience working with modern farm machinery and mechanical aptitude
- Experience working with Sheep will be highly regarded
This position will suit someone who is strives for excellence, has a thirst for knowledge, and wanting an opportunity to make a difference.
A comfortable four bedroom home will be made available to the successful applicant, which is in close proximity to schools and amenities.
A competitive salary package to commensurate with the experience and value you bring to the business.
Please click apply with reference to position number 2071.
For a confidential conversation, call Gilles Clarisse at Meridian Agriculture on 03 5341 6100.