- Sheep and cropping enterprises
- Work as part of a team
- Cavendish/Balmoral region
Our client runs a 3000 ha Sheep and cropping business based around the Cavendish and Balmoral region. Due to the departure of a long term and valued employee, we invite applications from experienced Farm Hand to join the team.
Reporting to the Farm Manager, you will be involved with all aspects of the operations, including the Merino, prime lamb and cropping enterprises. This is a hands on role and you will enjoy the variety that comes with it along with working as part of a productive team whilst also undertaking tasks without supervision.
To be considered for this role you will need to have:
- Experience working in a similar role with both Sheep and cropping will be highly regarded.
- Good experience in all aspects of Sheep husbandry and machinery operations
- A solid employment history including experience working in a team environment will be important
- Trained working dogs will be essential
- General farm maintenance skills
- A desire to learn and forge a long term career in Agriculture
- Some computer skills will be important to collect production data
This role will suit someone already in a similar role looking for a change or has been a junior role looking for the next step in their career. The business is operating good quality equipment and provides an excellent opportunity to thrive and enjoy a long term job and lifestyle.
A three bedroom home on farm will be provided along with other benefits, with all major services and schools within 30 minute drive.
Please click the apply button with reference to position number 2107
To find out more information and for a confidential conversation, call Gilles Clarisse at Meridian Agriculture on 03 5341 6100