- Leadership role
- Exciting opportunity
- Broadford/Kilmore region
Our client operates six properties across Victoria and NSW. Covering more than 21,000 acres, they utilise progressive livestock management systems for wool, prime lamb and beef production.
An opportunity has now become available for a career minded, experienced individual, to join the business in the capacity of Overseer on the Victorian properties, all of which are in close proximity to each other. The position will suit a an experienced Senior Station Hand looking to step up or an experienced Overseer looking for a new challenge.
Reporting to the Victorian Farm Manager, the role will essentially be to provide support with the operations of the property, including some supervision of staff and ensuring the day to day programs are managed effectively and efficiently.
To be considered for this role, you will need to have demonstrated the following:
- Proven experience in all aspects of Sheep management and husbandry operations, with the ability to handling of stock on a daily basis. Cattle experience is desirable but not essential
- Experience working in a team environment and also being comfortable working independently with the emphasis on attention to detail
- An ability to take direction and communicate effectively to all levels of the business when required
- Have a commitment to Workplace Health and Safety, for themselves, and the team.
- Experience with infrastructure maintenance.
- Have an effective team of working dogs.
- A current car license is essential
An excellent three bedroom home will be provided. A competitive salary package will be negotiated based on experience. All services including schools are within close driving range. This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking for a new challenge in an attractive location.
Please click the apply button with reference to position number 1624.2. For a confidential conversation or to find out more information, call Gilles Clarisse at Meridian Agriculture on 03 5341 6100.