- Large scale Wool, Prime Lamb and Cattle focus
- Progressive team environment
- Casterton Region
We invite applications from experienced persons for the role of Overseer on our client’s 8000 acre property in the Casterton region. This role will require capacity to drive progressive livestock management systems for wool, prime lamb and beef production.
Reporting to the Manager, you will assist in planning and implementing all day-to-day operations, delivering an efficient workflow and production program. Working as part of an established team, you will assist in keeping all team members up to date on industry best practice, that all stock are performing to targets set and all husbandry is carried out to high standards.
To be considered for this role, you will need to demonstrate:
- A reasonable experience working with both Sheep and Cattle production
- Sound pasture and livestock assessment capacity an advantage
- To communicate clearly to contractors or casuals where appropriate, the task and standards required
- A healthy desire to see constant improvement in the business and personal development
- A solid employment history that points to this role being your obvious next step
- A current driver’s License is essential – heavy rigid a benefit
- Working dogs suitable for stock work would be a strong advantage
A four bedroom house on farm will be offered as well as a competitive salary package and other benefits.
Please click apply to with reference to position number 1661.1. For further information or for a confidential conversation call Gilles Clarisse at Meridian Agriculture on 03 5341 6100.